Senior Digital Designer at eCom Scotland, Dunfermline, Fife
eCom Scotland is an award winning learning solutions company based in Dunfermline, Fife. eCom’s products and services address a wide range of workforce management, development and training challenges.
We are expanding our digital design team and are looking to recruit a Senior Digital Designer who has an all-round digital skill set. The Senior Digital Designer is specifically responsible for the visual style in the creation of the overall design — from concept through production to completion.
The Senior Digital Designer will be enthusiastic about great design, have a strong eye for detail and will have strong HTML and CSS skills with the ability to code the look and feel within the design
The Senior Digital Designer serves as the lead on all “design only” projects working in coordination with the Account Manager/Senior Instructional Designer to ensure consistency, creative leadership on concept development, presentation to clients, staff mentoring and overall execution.
The majority of projects will have an eLearning focus therefore prior experience of commercial eLearning would be desirable, internal design work such as eCom’s internal and external marketing collateral across print and web will also feature.
Presentation internally & externally to promote eCom’s services will be required from time to time. Therefore excellent customer service is required.
Reporting line: to the Head of Technology
Role related responsibilities:
- Development of bespoke eLearning course using HTML, CSS and a variety of other web technologies with support from the front end development team where required
- Creating design concepts for a wide range of projects including: eLearning; advertising; marketing collateral; websites; trade shows; brochures; leaflets
- Identifies the appropriate design approach, quantifying the appropriate learner time and associated development for sections/models
- Liaising with clients and account managers to identify requirements
- Communicating scope and design approach to eCom Scotland clients, explaining decisions and choices
- Contributing as appropriate to style and tone guide for content
- Where required, brief technical team members on the requirements for the build
- Ensure that content is implemented effectively making design and content decisions as required during build and review phase
- Other design and development related tasks as defined by the employer
The ideal candidate will have:
- A design related degree
- A passion for great digital design and an interest in the latest industry trends
- A practical knowledge of layout, colour and traditional typography skills
- An indepth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat) and Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with eLearning Authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline
- Proficient working with HTML/CSS
- JQuery understanding
- A good eye for photography and image selection
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- UX Experience in the interaction of digital content
- Experience in any of the following: Video Production, Animation, Audio Production and Photography
- An excellent eye for detail and have the ability to bring online and multimedia briefs to life
We offer a highly competitive benefits package including a company pension scheme. Please send your CV along with any examples or links to your portfolio and salary expectations to Fiona Renouf.
More about eCom Scotland:
We are an IIP Silver accredited company, commended on our company culture. We understand the virtues of a good work life balance and ensure a ‘good place to work’ policy